Associate Professor of applied mathematics at KAUST. Some links to learn more about me:
In terms of computational science, my interests are mainly:
- Numerical analysis of ODE and PDE discretizations
- Numerical methods for hyperbolic PDEs
- High performance computing and scalable algorithms
- Scientific software development
- Scientific computing in Python
Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Member for 8 years
62 profile views
Last seen May 2 at 7:41
- Academia 31.2k 31.2k 66 gold badges9090 silver badges146146 bronze badges
- Computational Science 15k 15k 22 gold badges4444 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Mathematics 482 482 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 147 I am non-tenured and have been offered a tenure-track position at my current university, but I don't want to stay here long term. What should I do?
- 121 ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import
- 108 How do you judge the quality of a journal?
- 98 How to deal with students who lose their digital work?
- 90 Is it worthwhile to write unit tests for scientific research codes?
- 85 How can I ask a teacher to follow the textbook more closely?
- 78 Is there a high quality nonlinear programming solver for Python?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (10)
12 Are questions about lists of journals allowed? Feb 6 '12
11 Tag graph for scicomp Dec 14 '12
10 Should we allow homework questions? Jan 25 '12
9 Are questions about lists of journals allowed? Feb 6 '12
7 Who should the moderators be? Dec 31 '11