BS Mechanical Engr.
CS Prof (4yr)
Numerous consulting jobs.
15 yr at http://www.pharsight.com
Published book on CS & several articles
4 kids, 2 grand
P.S. The picture is a Beta-prime distribution. It shows the program speedup factors you can get if you see a problem twice in 5, 4, 3, and 2 samples.
Member for 8 years, 4 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jun 26 '14 at 19:05
- Stack Overflow 37.8k 37.8k 1212 gold badges8383 silver badges125125 bronze badges
- Physics 15.3k 15.3k 11 gold badge3434 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 12.4k 12.4k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Skeptics 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1430 How can I profile C++ code running on Linux?
- 93 How does differential execution work?
- 91 Is micro-optimisation important when coding?
- 69 Why do beams of light (from torches or other directed sources) not extend to infinity?
- 69 What kind of bugs do "goto" statements lead to? Are there any historically significant examples?
- 65 Best way to find a point on a circle closest to a given point
- View more network posts →