Mark L. Stone
Interests: Nonlinear multivariate dynamic stochastic global optimization (everything else is a special case, an approximation, or a compromise)
Simulation Optimization, baby. Bring it on!!
Se habla Nonlinear SDP
Nonlinearly optimizing for three eighths of a century ... and quadratic convergence is about to kick in any moment now.
- Cross Validated 11.7k 11.7k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Operations Research 6.5k 6.5k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Mathematics 3k 3k 99 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Computational Science 1.5k 1.5k 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 47 Do we need gradient descent to find the coefficients of a linear regression model?
- 37 Optimization Problem Libraries
- 31 Good examples of "two is easy, three is hard" in computational sciences
- 28 Why are optimization algorithms defined in terms of other optimization problems?
- 28 How does the L-BFGS work?
- 25 OR Software Forums
- 23 Why not use the "normal equations" to find simple least squares coefficients?
- View more network posts →